Monday 11 June 2012

Confession Time

A couple were sitting around one evening and the man says to wife "Mama Emeka, we are about to Celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary.

We've had a wonderful life together, full of Contentment and blessings. But there's something I've Always wondered about: Tell the truth. Have you ever been unfaithful to me?

"She hesitates a moment, then says, "Yes, 3 times, "Three times? Hmmm, when did dat happen?" Papa Emeka asks.

Mama Emeka began recalling slowly "Well, do you remember right after we were married and we were so Broke, and the bank was going to foreclose on our Little house?"

"Yes, that was really a terrible time," replied Papa Emeka.

Mama Emeka continued, "And remember when I went to see the Bank manager one night and the next day the bank extended our loan?"

"Yes ooo, kai...that's hard to take, but I guess it really was for us, so I can forgive you."
"What was the second time?"

"Well," she continued, "do you remember years later when you almost died from the heart problem because we couldn't afford the operation?"

"Yes of course" Papa Emeka replied.

"Then you will remember that right after I went to See the doctor, he did your operation at no cost?" she Explained.

"Na true ooo mama Emeka. That shocked me how that kind doctor agree operate me for free. Chai Mama Emeka I do understand that you did it out of love for me and I forgive you."

"So, what was the third time?"

Mama Emeka lowers her head and says, "Papa Emeka , do you remember when you ran for PDP Councilor for our Local Govt Area and you needed 62 more delegate votes?"

Papa Emeka fainted!

No comments:

Post a Comment