Thursday 26 December 2013

Leaky Roof

For a very long time, Nnanna had been battling with a leak in his roof.
One fateful night, there was a heavy downpour and he had to move from one corner of the room to the other to avoid getting soaked.
The downpour lasted throughout the night and he couldn't sleep all through.
The following morning, he decided to fix the roof.
After scouting for a ladder in his neighbourhood, he climbed his roof.

Climbing wasn't easy as it took almost an hour to get up to the roof and he was panting and sweating profusely.
As he was about fixing the damage, he heard a knock on his door.
"Who be that" he screams from the top of the roof.

He looks down and sees a tattered looking beggar named chibu down on the ground.

The beggar says "Excuse me, can I see u?"
"What is it that u want to tell me?" Nnanna asks.
"Just spare me a minute" the chibu the beggar requests.
Nnanna hustled his way back to the ground, looking tired and demanded of chibu the beggar,
"Ok, what can I do for you?"
"Can I get N20?" asked the beggar.
Nnanna looks at him for about 30 secs, then tells the beggar,
"Follow me"
Both begin climbing the roof, panting and gasping for breath.
They get to the top, both of them now seriously panting. After taking a 10 minute rest, Nnanna turns to chibu the beggar and says,
"I no get"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment