Tuesday 19 June 2012

Switch

A man was sick and tired of going to work every day while his wife stayed home.

He wanted her to see what he went through so he prayed: "Dear Lord: I go to work every day and put in 8 hours while my wife merely stays at home. I want her to know what I go through, so please allow her body to switch with mine for a day. Amen.

God, in his infinite wisdom, granted the man's wish.


The next morning, he awoke as a woman, He arose, cooked breakfast for his mate, awakened the kids, set out their school clothes, fed them breakfast, packed their lunches, drove them to school, came home & picked up the dry cleaning, & stopped at the bank to make a deposit, went grocery shopping, then drove home to put away the groceries, paid the bills & balanced the checkbook. He cleaned the cat's litter box & bathed the dog. Then it was already 1 P.M. & he hurried to make the beds, vacuum, dust, sweep & mop the kitchen floor.

Ran to the school to pick up the kids & got into an argument with them on the way home. Set out milk & cookies & got the kids organized to do their homework, then set up the ironing board & watched TV while he did the ironing.

At 4:30 he began peeling potatoes & washing vegetables for salad, breaded the pork chops & snapped fresh beans for supper.

After supper, he cleaned the kitchen, ran the dishwasher, folded laundry, bathed the kids, & put them to bed.

At 9 P.M. he was exhausted &, though his daily chores weren't finished, he went to bed where he was expected to make love, which he managed to get thru without complaint.

The next morning, he awoke & immediately knelt by the bed & said: Lord, I don't know what I was thinking. I was so wrong to envy my wife's being able to stay home all day. Please, oh please, let us trade back."

The Lord, in his infinite wisdom, replied: "My son, I feel u have learned ur lesson & I will be happy to change things back to the way they were. You'll just have to wait 9 months, though. You got pregnant last night."

No comments:

Post a Comment